Divorce. It is an ugly, painful word that can throw your life into chaos—emotionally, financially and sometimes even physically.
There’s no question about it. The practice area known as Family Law can be especially stressful, and you need to pick your attorney with extra care. In addition to possessing expertise in this arena, your lawyer needs to be a tough and experienced advocate. You also want him or her to understand the emotional, economic and spiritual impact that the legal process will have upon you and your family.
The professionals at Newton Becker Bouwkamp Pendoski take pride in practicing this kind of law. We exercise compassion—along with competency—to obtain the best possible results for you.
Our attorneys routinely advise clients on such matters as:
- Child Custody & Visitation. Custody, custody evaluations, Indiana Child Support Guidelines, paternity, Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines, grandparent visitation, modification of child custody order, preventing child abduction, enforcement of order, co-parenting and parental alienation.
- Computation of Marital Estate. Tax implications, hidden assets and small business valuations.
- Conflict Resolution. Litigation, mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution.
- Divorce. Annulment, legal separation, domestic violence, protective and restraining orders, spousal maintenance and modification of spousal support.
- Juvenile Matters.
- Premarital and Post-Nuptial Agreements.
- Termination of Parental Rights.
Other helpful sites:
Indiana Coalition Against Domestic Violence and the Resource Center. This organization is committed to the elimination of domestic violence through providing public awareness and educational programming. Among its services is a 24-hour HOTLINE at 1-800-332-7385.
Protective Order Pro Bono Project of Greater Indianapolis. This organization offers free legal services for victims of domestic violence. It also answers “Frequently Asked Questions” about protective orders as well as provides telephone numbers that are helpful in a situation of abuse. (Phone) 1-317-236-0116, (fax) 1-317-631-9775 and (e-mail) firstname.lastname@example.org.
KidsHealth for Parents—Helping Your Child through a Divorce. This website contains advice on talking with children about divorce. It also provides suggestions about helping children adjust to a new living situation. This information can be accessed in Spanish.
U. S. Child Custody Law. This website is a good research tool for information regarding child custody law. It has a search facility with links to Federal and state statutes, regulations and judicial decisions as well as to international materials dealing with conventions and treaties.
SupportGuidelines.com. This comprehensive resource is useful for the interpretation and application of child support guidelines in the United States. It also offers access to all on-line child support guidelines.